Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Conversation with a Baptist Minister


A friend of mine was telling me about a conversation he had with a Baptist minister after a Good Friday March of Witness.


Baptist Minister, "You know we take the Bible incredibly seriously in our worship. You know how in John's Gospel Jesus washed his disciple feet, last night everyone in the congregation wased one anothers hands, then we took bread and ribena and blessed it and shared it.


Catholic Priest, "Yes we take it a bit seriously too, last night I washed the feet of twelve of my male parishioners. Then I took bread and wine and then God did his bit... then we stayed and prayed with him until midnight.

2 comments:

Physiocrat said...

It's a funny old world. Ribena?

Mulier Fortis said...

Ouch !
;-)

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...