Monday, July 23, 2007

No News


from Rorate Caeli, I love this, so Benedictine.


Best report from the Pope's vacation in the Cadore region.In an evening stroll last Friday, the Pope met a few villagers (Apcom):


"Good evening!", he said. "What an honor, Holiness...", some answered. A lady reminded him of her having sent a bouquet of stelle alpine [edelweiss]. "Yes, that is true, thank you!", the Pope answered. "I sent you mushrooms," another one said. "Ah, yes, the mushrooms, I have eaten them," said Ratzinger.


Then, approaching the journalists who expected him with open notepads, he shook their hands and asked them: "Why do you write? There is no news...".

Quite true.

1 comment:

Mulier Fortis said...

How very restrained of the parents to hang back... don't know if I'd have been that shy and retiring!!!

The Lord’s descent into the underworld

At Matins/the Office of Readings on Holy Saturday the Church gives us this 'ancient homily', I find it incredibly moving, it is abou...